A decentralized and transparent grants program for the Neo ecosystem
Neo thrives through the initiatives of many individuals and not by a single authority. GrantShares goal is to encourage individual contributors to materialise their ideas on Neo. It does that by allowing anyone to propose a project and get funding through a decentralized and on-chain decision process.
Who is GrantShares for?
GrantShares aims at being a more agile and diverse extension of other Neo grant programs. By involving key community members in the decision process we gain a wider perspective on which projects are valuable to Neo.Support is not only focused on technical projects but also on work that includes marketing, documentation, tutorials, research, and more. Grant sizes are kept relatively small. The cap is determined by the governance process. Larger projects should still apply for grants with the Neo Eco Support programs.
GrantShares is a DAO
GrantShares is built as a DAO and serves as a reference implementation for its kind on the Neo blockchain.Any on-chain action taken by the DAO has to pass voting by its members. Proposals are not restricted to requests for funding, but can contain any set of on-chain invocations. Therefore, GrantShares acts as an example for a generic and versatile governance mechanism, which can be employed by several use cases.
GrantShares can support you in a whole host of different areas
- UX/UI Design
dApps & Integrations
- Contract Libraries
- Contract Templates
- IDE Plugins
- Editor Extensions
- Tooling Docs
- Tooling Tutorials
Proposal ProcessA successful proposal runs through the following steps
Create & Discuss Proposal
- Create a proposal on the GrantShares dApp. Give it a title, description, and add intents like "send 10 NEO to my address".
- The dApp creates a GitHub issue on the GrantShares repository where the discussion takes place.
Push to chain
- When you're confident that the GrantShares members will support your proposal, you can push it on-chain through the GrantShares dApp.
- The proposal is created on Neo via the GrantShares contract and waits for a member to endorse it.
Members vote on Proposal
- Once the proposal is endorsed, it is open for voting by the GrantShares members.
- When the voting phase is over and the proposal is accepted it gets queued for a short period of time (i.e., time lock) before the proposal can be executed.
- An accepted proposal can now be executed by anyone.
- This leads to the actions mentioned in the proposal, for example, the release of a grant.
How to apply
Go to the dApp page, log in with your GitHub account, and click on “Create Proposal”.
Enter a title and a detailed description of your proposal, as well as desired funding amount and receiving Neo address.
Submit the form! A GitHub issue will be created where your proposal will be discussed by the community.
Done! After the off-chain discussion and on-chain voting you can claim your grant!