A decentralized and transparent grants program for the Neo ecosystem
Neo is not driven by a single authority but thrives through the initiatives of many individuals. Thus, the goal of GrantShares is to encourage the individual to materialise their ideas for Neo. It does that by allowing anyone to propose a project and get funding through a decentralised and on-chain decision process.
An open and agile grants program with an easily accessible web app. GrantShares extends the grants programs offered by Neo Eco Support.
Proposal discussions take place in public, voting happens on-chain by well-known participants, and everyone can track all distributed grants.
Financial support is not only focused on technical projects but includes work on marketing, documentation, tutorials, research, and more.
A flexible DAO
GrantShares is a flexible DAO, where everything is done through proposals. Proposals are intended on-chain smart contract invocations.
GrantShares can support you in a whole host of different areas
- UX/UI Design
dApps & Integrations
- Contract Libraries
- Contract Templates
- IDE Plugins
- Editor Extensions
- Tooling Docs
- Tooling Tutorials
Proposal ProcessA successful proposal runs through the following steps
Create & Discuss Proposal
- Create a proposal on the GrantShares dApp. Give it a title, description, and add intents like "send 10 NEO to my address".
- The dApp creates a GitHub issue on the GrantShares repository where the discussion takes place.
Push to chain
- When you're confident that the GrantShares members will support your proposal, you can push it on-chain through the GrantShares dApp.
- The proposal is created on Neo via the GrantShares contract and waits for a member to endorse it.
Members vote on Proposal
- Once the proposal is endorsed, it is open for voting by the GrantShares members.
- When the voting phase is over and the proposal is accepted it gets queued for a short period of time (i.e., time lock) before the proposal can be executed.
- An accepted proposal can now be executed by anyone.
- This leads to the actions mentioned in the proposal, for example, the release of a grant.
How to apply
Go to the dApp page, log in with your GitHub account, and click on “Create Proposal”.
Enter a title and a detailed description of your proposal, as well as desired funding amount and receiving Neo address.
Submit the form! A GitHub issue will be created where your proposal will be discussed by the community.
Done! After the off-chain discussion and on-chain voting you can claim your grant!
Frequently Asked QuestionsThe big questions answered
Where is the funding coming from?
Why is GrantShares a permissioned DAO?
What types of proposals can I create?
Who can create proposals on-chain?
How long does it take from proposal submission to actually getting the funds?
What happens if no GrantShares member endorses my on-chain proposal?
I want to become a GrantShares funder. What should I do?
I want to become a GrantShares member. What should I do?
Are the GrantShares' Smart Contracts secure?
TestimonialsWhat people are saying about Grantshares
Going through the GrantShares process was straight forward. I wrote a detailed outline of what I wanted to build and how it would support the community and submitted it. I could follow the discussion around my proposal and once the committee had discussed it and voted to support it, the DAO released the grant. It's a very convenient way to get funding if you have a valid idea and I plan on using it again soon. I think GrantShares is an awesome use of a DAO. It allows the community to get involved and use their skills to benefit the Neo ecosystem. Watch this space!